- Academic qualifications
- Research projects
- Seminar/workshops, conferences
- Community service
Salumu Iddy Khamisi is an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Language Studies, one of the Departments in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences of Sokoine University of Agriculture. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Language Studies (specialized in Linguistics and English and French languages) degree and a Master of Arts in Linguistics (specialized in Language Teaching), both from the University of Dar es Salaam. Besides teaching Communication Skills and English and French language courses, he has published a number of research articles in his areas of specialization as efforts to address pertinent challenges facing language leaching and learning.
Areas of expertise and research interests
- Language Teaching (English, French and Kiswahili)
- Classroom research, second language acquisition/learning
- Communication skills
2. B.A Language Studies (Linguistics, English and French), University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3. DELF B1 (Diplôme, d' Étude en Langue Française), Alliance Française, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4. DELF A2 (Diplôme, d' Étude en Langue Française), Alliance Française, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5. Advance Level Secondary Education, Tabora, Tanzania
6. Ordinary Level Secondary Education, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Iddy, S & Chiwanga F. E.(2017). Is the learner-centred approach indeed adopted in the teaching-learning of French in O- level state secondary schools in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania? In Education Research Journal, 7(6): 123 – 133.
- Chiwanga, F. E., & Iddy, S. (2017). Competence in French connected speech: A study on Tanzanian pre-service secondary school French teachers. In Education Research Journal, 7(6): 117 – 122.
- January 2015; Training workshop on Curriculum Development, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Instructor, English, French and Swahili language courses at SUACAIL, SUA
- Instructor, English and French courses to students taking a Bachelor of Tourism Management, SUA
- Instructor, English language and Communication Skills courses to students pursuing Diploma in Information Technology, SUA
- Chairperson, Department of Language Studies Website Committee and a member, College of Social Sciences and Humanities Website Committee