- Academic background
- Translating the 2019 Sokoine Memorial lecture/week speeches and final reports
- Research projects
- Seminar/workshops, conferences
- Community services
Mhandeni is a Lecturer at the Department of Language Studies at the College of Social Sciences and Humanities of the Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania, where he has been a faculty member since 2008.He has a Certificate in Education from Mtwara Technical Teachers’ Training College), a Bachelor’s of Arts with Education (English and Literature) and a Master’s of Arts (Linguistics) from the University of Dar es Salaam. Since then Mhandeni has been teaching English and Communication Skills to undergraduate students. Mhandeni enjoys playing (poorly) and watching volley ball, adventures, hobby tourism, reading, watching cultural and wild life documentaries and also, he loves ‘good food’. Mhandeni's publications are found at https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=JUEl1iYAAAAJ&hl=en&authuser=1&oi=ao
Areas of expertise and research interests
- Second Language Teaching
- Language and Gender
- Critical Thinking
- Discourse analysis
- Academic writing
2. B.A Education, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3. Advanced Level Secondary Education, Tanzania
4. Certicate in Education, Mtwara Technical Teacher's Training College, Tanzania
5. Ordinary Level Secondary Education, Tanzania
- Study visit for improving the teaching of English language and communication skills courses to support the provision of quality education at SUA
- Supervisor, student’s research projects at Bachelor’s degree level at SUA
- Mwakapina, J.W., Nyinondi, O. S; &Mhandeni, S.A (2016).WhatsApp Mobile Tool in English as Second Language Learning: Opportunities, potentials and challenges in higher education settings in Tanzania. International Journal of English Language Teaching (IJELT).Vol.4 (2)
- Ndiritu,M.; Jiwaji, N.T.;Mhandeni, A.S.; Mito,O.C.(2016). Kiswahili translation on the scientific and space-related terminology.ActaAstronautica.Vol.128, pp.330-334.
- Nyinondi, O.S.,Mhandeni, A.S.,& Mohamed, H. I. (2017). The use of communicative language teaching approach in the teaching of communication skills courses in Tanzanian universities. International journal of research studies in language learning.Vol. 6 (3), pp.89-99.
- Utenga, A; Mohamed, H I.; Nyinondi, O. S; Mhandeni, S.A (2016).The Role of Input Simplification and In teractional Modification Strategies in English as Foreign Language Classrooms.Journal oLinguistics and Language Teaching, 7(1)
- March, 2018; TESOL International Convention &English Language Expo, Chicago, Illinois USA
- June, 2017; A Conference on Connecting Teachers of English to New methods and Techniques. Mount Meru University, Arusha.
- May,2017; A Conference on New Horizons in Language Teaching. Center: Kigali
- 9th March -26th April 2015 ;Training workshop on Technology Resources and Strategies for Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development; by Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro Tanzania
- April, 2015; A conference on English for effective Communication; Challenges and Opportunities in East Africa. Strathmore University: Nairobi
- January 2015; Training workshop on Curriculum Development, Morogoro, Tanzania
- Seminar on sextortion conducted by Conducted by Gender Policy Implementation Committee SUA- Morogoro, 10 January 2013
- Instructor, Swahili and English language courses at SUACAIL, SUA
- Chairperson, Social Affairs Commettee, College of Social Sciences and Humanities, SUA.
- Assistant Chief Editor, Sokoine University of Agriculture Newsletter (SUACONE)
- Chairperson, Sokoine University of Agriculture Academic Staff Association(SUASA) Social Affairs Committe